Advanced Night-time Photography: Light ArtMarch 4, 2011
Improving Your Typography SkillsApril 1, 2011
Thank you to CoolMaterial.com for the generous gift certificate this month! This has been a great chance to try out this new custom made dress shirt site. I’m actually quite excited to see how mine turns out! Overall, I’d say the experience was amazing. As a designer I love having full control of what I am wearing – I’ll tell ya, shopping for the right style with the right fit ain’t easy (at least not here in Toronto, Canada). A few things I loved about the experience:
- Great user experience flow from start to finish
- Easy check-out process
- Simple forms for sign-up and creating an account
- Clear and concise messaging and instructions
- Excellent photography of fabrics
That being said, I still think there is room for improvements, and here they are:
- Graphical representation of fabrics on the shirt during designing appear inaccurate (they don’t appear to match up with the photo of the fabric) – a zoom feature for the shirt would probably fix my concern in this area
- A review screen would be nice for after your credit card information has been entered. Helps to give some sense of security to the customer before making the final purchase
- The confirmation screen would be even better if it had all your order details shown – I had to login to my email to see and make sure all was good.
- Integrate the design your dress shirt screen with the main site header and footer – it kind of felt like I was in a different website during the entire process of designing my shirt.
But hey, nothing is perfect. I know my site ain’t all that great either in some areas. I’ll post my feedback again once the shirt arrives!